Disclaimer:

All that you read in this blog is an effort to keep my readers and me entertained. All posts here, as my subtitle suggests, are tried and tested. Be it recipes I learnt from my mom or the ones I picked from the internet or on parenting or things that happen in my life. Yes, all are gonna receive their due credit for helping me out with whatever I post here. My life, my style of parenting and my ways of cooking are all products of who I am and not intended to hurt anyone. You like it, you take it! All characters mentioned here are fictitious and bare no resemblance to anyone dead or alive. Oh yeah, if I mention me or my husband or my daughter, we for sure are real! Now that you have entered my world to entertain yourself then-let the journey begin.


Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

MY GODS OWN CITY - MANGALORE

Its been a decade, at least it feels so, I haven't written or updated. Well, don't blame me coz I am in mere bliss, serenity and peace. Yes, I'm in Mangalore - the city I love the most, the city I grew up in and the city I will always live in no matter which part of the world I am in. Its a long vacation for me... a very long one... but I'm loving every bit of my stay here.

Mangalore is a city that has grown so much today. I came here with my family in the year 1991 to settle down for good and I must say I am still settling. When I say still settling I mean the changes this city has come across after so many years is tremendous. The lush green fields, the mud roads, the 'goodu angadies' have now changed into high raised buildings, concrete roads and not to mention the 'internationa'l look alike Malls. So much has changed in so little time and yes I'm still settling in.

2 years have passed since I settled in the US and when I stepped foot on my land, the feeling was something I cant express. I remember leaving my home as a newly wed while I returned as a mother. Time seems too small when I think of this big change in my life. Giselle is enjoying her stay here. She is being pampered on the house and has turned into a stubborn lil cute devil. But I wont stop her. I love it when she plays her tricks on me or on her grandparents - it makes me fall in love with her all over again. Her demanding attention, wanting new toys, the need to be carried unnecessarily, the spilling of food and all her 'nakras' are so beautiful, a phase that I can never forget.

Foodies so here I am in the land of kori rotties, kori sukka, buns and goli bajje. Oh! how I relish the food that has been cooked everyday. I now realise the worth of a home cooked moms handmade food. Ghar Ka Khanna as they call it. Gone are the days where I craved for some delicious mangi food and I'm not gonna crave for it in a long time I guess coz I'm gonna relish the food so much so that I'm gonna get sick of it at some point ;). I shall post some recipes of mangi food in my blog here so keep watching this space. I don't think you wanna miss this.

But, if I vanish again for a long period of time, as I said - don't blame me coz I'm in mere bliss, serenity and peace. I'm in MANGALORE.



3 comments:

  1. Miss mangalore ........ its been a while i haven't eaten anything close to mangi food ..foodie tears in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun melu...get equally pampered ..mommy needs it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, you make me sooooooooooooooo jealous! But, you have fun and as you say, 'enjoy every bit'. :) Before long, it'll be a sweet memory. So glad G is in Mangalore and loving it too!! It'll be ingrained in her all her life. :)

    Love you much!

    ReplyDelete