Disclaimer:

All that you read in this blog is an effort to keep my readers and me entertained. All posts here, as my subtitle suggests, are tried and tested. Be it recipes I learnt from my mom or the ones I picked from the internet or on parenting or things that happen in my life. Yes, all are gonna receive their due credit for helping me out with whatever I post here. My life, my style of parenting and my ways of cooking are all products of who I am and not intended to hurt anyone. You like it, you take it! All characters mentioned here are fictitious and bare no resemblance to anyone dead or alive. Oh yeah, if I mention me or my husband or my daughter, we for sure are real! Now that you have entered my world to entertain yourself then-let the journey begin.


Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PEAS, pretty please!

Model: Pluto, Giselle's favorite toy ;) 


Green peas are one of Giselle's favorite. Initially, when I started feeding her solids, she would never open her mouth for any veggies. But for some reason when it used to be peas, her mouth would go wide open as soon as she would gulp down the morsel had given her.


As small as your tiny little one, green peas are packed with a lot of nutrition. For mothers who exclusively breastfeed their babies, peas are great as they provide iron to your baby.They are packed with proteins too.   
Peas provide calcium and Vitamin A and C too.


It is not very difficult to feed your baby peas. They are a little sweet in nature and are pleasant to have. If your baby is refusing all the spinach and other greens go ahead and try this one. You will be happy to see your little eater content :)


Many mothers find it difficult to get the skin of the peas to grind. Even I did. You can grind the peas and then strain it with a strainer or else remove it before grinding. I remove it before grinding. Once you boil peas, the skin comes out easily. I have show it in the pictures below :)


Here is how you prepare peas to please your little one.


You need:


Green peas (fresh or frozen) - a fistful
Water


Prepare it:











Happy Giselle :)


Is your little one happy too???

1 comment:

  1. how sweet -my sweet little giselle..Peas are very good if ur tiny tot is constipated as well...had no probs feeding nathan peas when he was small but now if i make pulav u must see how nicely he will keep aside the peas...Neways now all dat i do is make soup...

    ReplyDelete