Disclaimer:

All that you read in this blog is an effort to keep my readers and me entertained. All posts here, as my subtitle suggests, are tried and tested. Be it recipes I learnt from my mom or the ones I picked from the internet or on parenting or things that happen in my life. Yes, all are gonna receive their due credit for helping me out with whatever I post here. My life, my style of parenting and my ways of cooking are all products of who I am and not intended to hurt anyone. You like it, you take it! All characters mentioned here are fictitious and bare no resemblance to anyone dead or alive. Oh yeah, if I mention me or my husband or my daughter, we for sure are real! Now that you have entered my world to entertain yourself then-let the journey begin.


Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I STAND AS A WITNESS....

February 2, 2011, a blizzard hit Illinois and routine life was interrupted. While most of them thought it was for the good and no doubt I was one of them. Why do I say good.. Children think about this - no school, no homework, no boring classes. People who go to work - no orders, no projects, no physical or mental work. Housewives - No getting up early to cook breakfast, catch up with something you wanted for a long time to do as you put your husbands to work, or else cook a recipe that was always dogeared in your recipe book for years. I'm sure now you know why I said good.


But for me it was even more exciting as I got up this morning to a picture postcard view of the snow on the ground and everywhere else. Coming from India, a country where I spent all my life, witnessing a blizzard of this magnitude was no less than a jackpot. The cold wind blowing outside, the color white taking a whole new meaning in my life, children making snow angels while there parents cleared their driveways and cars which were buried in snow, sipping my hot cup of tea and looking out of the window.. well I saw a new Illinois on the morning of February 2, 2011.



My day started pretty late today.. say about 10 am. Its such a relief when your husband does not have to go to work and all you can do is relax. As I saw the snow outside all I wanted to do is go play snow fight, so I got my daughter all bundled up and got out of the house along with my husband to enjoy the snow. Though it didn't last for a long time as my 5 month old froze in the snow, I must say it was fun. After I got home I logged into the internet to browse my facebook account and guess what, I saw so many people posting pictures of the blizzard and status messages of how people are spending their time at home on this snowy holiday. Sometimes I wonder, what was life without facebook. Today most of the things I get to know first is not through a human but from this social networking site like who got engaged, whose single, who left college or who just delivered a baby.


Not that I want to divert the topic but I cant help think of how facebook has changed our life's. The site has made the world a lot smaller. I have always heard people saying "its a small world", but now I think its time to say "its a very small world". Who agrees with me, do comment :). Not that I am any different, so I went and added a few of my pictures to the already exciting one's posted by my friends.


Getting back to the blizzard... 
I don't know if I will get to see another blizzard in my life but all I can say is that this sure was an amazing experience. Now that I am sitting on my couch and thinking what if life was like this always, a set of new surprises everyday, where a phone call gives my husband a good news of 'no office today' or a beautiful view when I open my window outside, or seeing my  daughter's expression when the cool breeze blew freezing her face or getting to know how many people actually live in your apartment. Who says Blizzards are bad. I say "Bring it on"

5 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooo good!
    Can't believe you would actually do this some day.
    Li'l G and hubby darling must be so proud of you.
    Keep it up girl, keep the posts coming in!
    Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice Melissa.........keep at it. waiting to read more. much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Melu..you are so good in blogging! Love reading em'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melissa! Long time! I loved reading your posts... Keep em coming! Your daughter is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete